Join the team
Development and Sponsorship Coordinator
Part-time, Fixed-term (up to 12 months)
Monash Gallery of Art (MGA) is the Australian home of photography. We champion Australian photography, and inspire audiences to embrace, explore and value photography. As Australia’s only public gallery solely dedicated to the collection of Australian photography, MGA holds a special place in the country’s network of art galleries and museums.
The Development and Sponsorship Coordinator will develop a program of innovative fundraising initiatives to raise funds for strategic and operational activities. These activities will support MGA to diversify and grow its income streams.
This role will lead the development and coordination of programs including, but not limited to: a gala dinner, ticketed events, corporate partnerships, major donor/relationship stewardship, grant applications and acquittals, bequests and develop a patrons and ambassadors program. The Development and Sponsorship Coordinator will support the administration of the MGA Foundation and MGA’s Committee of Management.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated understanding of the underlying principles of philanthropy, fundraising and sponsorship development and retention
- Strong knowledge of the public art gallery and museum network, philanthropic and corporate support for the arts is desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the implementation of event management practices
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills together with confidence and experience in engaging with a wide range of government, corporate and philanthropic stakeholders.
Enquiries: If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Anouska Phizacklea, Gallery Director on 03 8544 0500
Applications close: 22 January 2021 at 11:55pm