MGA Kids STAGES | Build and photograph a miniature room with Isobel Knowles and Van Sowerwine
14 August 2021
Saturday 10.30am – 12.30pm
During lockdown, artists Isobel Knowles and Van Sowerwine spent most of their time in one room of their house. They then recreated this room in miniature from memory for our current exhibition STAGES.
In this workshop children will print a template to create and decorate an item that is in their room, then make smaller objects like toys, books and games. Once they’re finished, the artists Isobel Knowles and Van Sowerwine will help them photograph it in the same way they photographed their own miniature objects, they will then be able to print out their own photograph.
Students will be emailed the templates to create and decorate.
Materials required (to be supplied by child/parent):
- The printed templates printed onto the thickest paper you have
- Colouring materials, such as coloured pencils, paint or textas
- Glue, glue stick or sticky or masking tape
- A spare blank A4 piece of paper or larger than A4 if you have it.
- A medium to large hard cover picture book
The picture book will be used as a stand for the A4 paper backdrop.
Age 8-12 years. Cost $25.00