Atrium Gallery – information
MGA has launched a new exhibition space, the Atrium Gallery, to provide emerging artists with an opportunity to showcase their practice to MGA’s audiences.
The Atrium Gallery was redeveloped in 2019 to provide a refreshed and responsive gallery space. This new gallery space will create meaningful opportunities for emerging artists working with photography to grow and develop their practice, with work that responds to MGA’s artistic program.
How to participate:
MGA is inviting artists who utilise photography within their practice to respond to MGA, its collection and exhibition program and submit an expression of interest (EOI) to exhibit in MGA’s Atrium Gallery.
MGA will stage up to four exhibitions per annum in the Atrium Gallery with exhibitions that respond to MGA’s programming. The subject matters or topics of interest will be published on MGA’s website. EOIs will be open all year round. The exhibitions will be selected by MGA’s Curatorial team based upon how well the work responds to the subject or topic of interest, its quality and how well the work has been resolved.
For further information or to submit an EOI, please contact Stella Loftus-Hills, Curator, MGA on 03 8544 0500 or [email protected]
About the opportunity
- This opportunity is open to all emerging artists, including local artists and community groups who work with photography
- Selected exhibitions will tie into and respond to MGA, its collection and its exhibition program
- Selected artists will not be paid an artist fee
- The selection of works for each exhibition will be made in consultation with MGA and installed by MGA’s installation team in collaboration with the artist
- All exhibition texts and labels will be developed in consultation with MGA
- Exhibitions will be promoted on MGA’s social media and website
- All artists when submitting an EOI and exhibiting work confirm they are the creator and owner of the entered photograph/s and that exhibition and promotion of their work does not infringe copyright or moral rights and have obtained all appropriate permissions
- Delivery and return freight will be at no cost to MGA.
- All photographs will be handled by experienced staff in a museum environment. Adequate precautions must be taken in packing works as MGA will not be held responsible for any loss or damage caused to any work while in transit to and from the gallery nor while in storage or on display. Packaging must be suitable for return.
About the space
- The Atrium Gallery is situated between MGA and the Wheelers Hill Library and receives on average 180,000 visitors per annum
- The Atrium Gallery is open:
Monday to Friday 10.00am to 8.30pm
Saturdays 9.00am to 5.00pm
Sundays 12 noon to 5.00pm
- The Atrium Gallery is not invigilated and does not have climate control.